Total Pageviews

Tuesday 3 March 2015

Earl Upham 9 hrs Here you go! My response from the Mayor of Cincinnati on their Pit problem.

Here you go! My response from the Mayor of Cincinnati on their Pit problem. Please let him know that re-homing these dogs is a mistake. He even says he agrees that Pit attacks are more severe yet he want to rescue them and re-home them. Bad idea. Others besides me should contact him. Here is his email if you so desire to enlighten him further. I already emailed him a lengthy page full or should I say ear full. For me to continue to send him info may fall on deaf ears since I was so long winded already. Here is his email. mayor.cranley@cincinnati-oh.gov
Dear Mr. Upham:
Thank you for writing me to share your concerns on Pit Bull legislation in Cincinnati. I always enjoy hearing from constituents when deciding on an issue, and will always weigh and consider opposing points-of-view before making a final decision.
I support responsible dog ownership. My proposal is aimed at protecting responsible Pit Bull owners while making it easier to get Pit Bulls that have been mistreated off of the streets.
If the proposed ordinance is approved, responsible Pit Bull owners will get the collars, while drug dealers and people who promote dog fights likely will not. Therefore, if a resident complains about a Pit Bull roaming around on its own or if a person intimidating people in a neighborhood with a mistreated Pit Bull, the Cincinnati Police Department will be able to confiscate it.
My proposal promotes getting Pit Bulls that are being mistreated into loving homes with responsible owners.
The $50 fee may be changed or waived; the city isn’t trying to generate revenue, only cover the actual costs of the collars.
Although it’s true that all dog breeds can bite people, the severity of injuries from Pit Bulls is what requires them to get special attention. A bite from a poodle or Chihuahua is wholly different than a bite from a Pit Bull. A Calico cat and a tiger are both felines, but they inflict much different levels of injuries.
I believe no one should feel afraid or intimidated to walk down a street in their neighborhood. Currently, some irresponsible Pit Bull owners are making some residents fearful in their own neighborhoods.
The other proposals currently pending before City Council don’t adequately address the problem. They would not have prevented last summer’s attack on 6-year-old Zanibou Drame, which left her with life-altering injuries.
Again, thank you for writing me. Please feel free to contact me at 513-352-3250 should I be of further assistance.
Respectfully,

John Cranley
Mayor, City of Cincinnati
Like · 
  • Carol Miller Good response but the Cincinnati City Council has written an ordinance to satisfy pit bull advocates and they expect it to pass.
    9 hrs · Like
  • Earl Upham Carol Miller that is tragic. Did you see the little girl's face who was mauled by a Pit that sparked all of this? The scars look like a jigsaw puzzle. I cannot imagine what that must feel like. I don't ever want to find out either.
    8 hrs · Like
  • Amber A Maclin Sounds like he is doing something good. Responsible owners will get the collars and obey any other laws they make. Making easy to identify non responsible owners.
    8 hrs · Edited · Like
  • Earl Upham Amber A Maclin they used to have a Pit Bull ban for years and the quiet allowed time to pass with no incidents and they got lax and lifted the ban. Now the dog fighters can start organizing fights in the city. Sad! Sad! Sad!
    7 hrs · Like

No comments:

Post a Comment